Big Picture Learning has defined five academically applied learning goals that each student must meet. These learning goals are accomplished through independent project work, school based workshops, learning in the real world, college courses and community service.
HOW DO I PROVE IT?
- Developing strategies to prove ideas
HOW DO I MEASURE OR REPRESENT IT?
- basic operations
- tables and graphs
- algebra, geometry and statistics
- estimating and number sense
HOW DO I TAKE IN AND EXPRESS INFORMATION?
- Listening and speaking
- Writing and reading
- Foreign language
- Computers and multimedia
- Creative expression
WHAT DO OTHER PEOPLE HAVE TO SAY ABOUT THIS?
- Past experience/history
- Understanding diverse perspectives
- Citizenship, cooperation, and conflict resolution
WHAT DO I BRING TO THIS PROCESS?
- Respect, responsibility, perseverance, organization and self-awareness
- Physical fitness